Welcome to Infomatica Blog. In this small tutorial we would touch on how to install Magento theme which is the very next step the store owner would want to perform after Magento installation.
Here are the steps described to install a Magento theme for Magento version 22.214.171.124:
1. Go to Magento Admin > System > Magento Connect> Magento connect manager
2. Login using Magento Admin username and password
3. Under “Install New Extensions” select option 1. Search for modules via Magento Connect.
4. Go to Themes from menu and browse for a suitable theme.
5. Select a theme of your choice and click on install.
6. Select Magento version 1.0 or 2.0 and click on “Get Extension Key”
7. Copy the Extension key and go back to Magento Connect Manager and paste it and click on the install button.
8. Underneath, it would show the package to be installed, click on the proceed button.
9. Once dependency package checking and installation is completed, click on the refresh button.
10. Go to Magento admin by selecting “Return to admin” option from the top.
11. Go to Magento Admin> System > Design. Click on “Add Design Change”. Select your installed theme from the Custom Design dropdown and save the configuration.
12. Go to the store front and see the new theme in effect.
If you liked the tutorial, please take a moment to share it! If you have any questions or want to share your thoughts, do it in the comment section below.
For any of your E-Commerce related technological needs, Contact Us.